1. “Possession make you rich. I don’t have that type of richness. My richness is life, forever.”
2. «Theater Of War» by Cecil Beaton. Front Middle East, 1942. A marine repairing a a flag on board the cruiser HMS Alcantara.
3. 1955. Grace Kelly on vacation in Jamaica.
4. A Bosnian soldier returns fire after he and civilians are targeted by Serbian snipers in downtown Sarajevo — he was fatally shot seconds after this photo was taken. April 6, 1992.
5. A camp in Egypt of workers from the British Chinese Labour Corps recruited to participate in the Middle East campaign, 1917.
6. A carpenter poses with a hammer and nail.
7. A Japanese-Canadian family being relocated to a Japanese Internment Camp, 1942.
8. A member of the Hitlerjugend being taught how to use a Panzerfaust.
9. A woman in a burqa stands outside a residence in Samarkand.
10. American Lieutenant Edwin E. Dowell with a Colt 1911 pistol and a French partisan with Sten English-made submachine gun, during a street battle in Marseilles. 1944.
11. Buffalo Springfield.
12. California c. 1920.Two young women in matching costumes stand side by side with their palms together by Fred Hartsook.
13. Carole Lombard, 1931.
14. Charlie Chaplin.
15. Cosmonaut Polyakov Watches Discovery’s Rendezvous With Mir.
16. Covent Garden Labourers.
17. Crete, British POWs in German captivity, 02.06.1941.
18. Emaciated and suffering from an array of diseases, Jewish prisoners in their barracks at Buchenwald concentration camp are photographed after the camp was liberated by the U.S. 9th Armored Infantry Battalion.
19. Fifth Ave at 110th Street, East Harlem, 1970’s.
20. Frank Sinatra c. 1944.
21. Franklin D. Roosevelt, F.D.R. Jr,. Churchill, and Elliott R. at the Atlantic Conference, 8.9.1941.
22. French soldiers from Africa prepare a meal on the Western Front, 1917.
23. Grace Kelly on the set of To Catch a Thief, 1955.
24. How to build a shelter.
25. IBM 1401 Manufacturing Landscape 1960.
26. Japanese soldiers in Beijing.
27. Jim Morrison.
28. Kay Francis.
29. Lauren Bacall.
30.Leslie Loaf by Elliott Landy, Woodstock Festival, 15-18 August 1969.
31. Marilyn Monroe photographed by Harold Lloyd, 1953.
32. Mick Jagger and Andy Warhol.
33. Petit Pont, Sur les quais de la Seine, Paris 1950.
34. Soldiers look at the 45-meter-deep crater left by the detonation by the British of 21 tons of explosives underneath German positions near Messines in West Flanders.
35. Sturehof restaurant, Stockholm, Sweden, 1940.
36. Talaimannar, Sri Lanka, 1969.
37. The Empire State Building is seen at right in this aerial view of buildings in Manhattan’s Garment District on Seventh Avenue on Dec. 9, 1947.
38. Using a flamethrower to light a cigarette. The German army employed flamethrowers on the Eastern Front during the war.
39. Venice, Italy, 1970.
40. Witness Room, Broad River Correctional Facility, Columbia, South Carolina, 1991.What did you think? Please leave a comment in the section below and remember to share the video and sign up for our free newsletter!